Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Louvre

The Infamous Pyramid
An elaborate ceiling in the Italian wing
Another Ceiling
Enormous and beautiful paintings in the Italian wing
I just really liked this painting
The Mona Lisa from a distance.  It is actually very small.
                                          Statue of Venus

Horses atop a pillar
My first mummy sighting!  I loved it!  He was very short.
This is how I feel sometimes...


I was so excited to be able to briefly visit The Louvre Museum!  I felt a little bit like I was in the Da Vinci Code movie!  ha ha  We did not have time to wander through the whole museum (I think you could spend days there), but we did get to see The Mona Lisa, part of the Italian paintings, The Greek Wing, and my favorite, the Egyptian Wing.  It was breathtaking for sure. 

No comments: