Saturday, April 17, 2010

My marathon runners!!!

Getting their  numbers at the expo
Posing by a picture of last year's crowd
Posing outside the expo

I have never watched a marathon before.  My friends decided to run in the Paris Marathon and asked if I wanted to go, and I thought why not?  One of my friends is a vetran runner and for the other, this was her first one.  I thought to myself, "Why not go and support them?".  Little did I know how moved I would be by watching them run 26.2 miles. And with a smile on their faces I might add.  I along with my other fellow "pit crewers", watched the start, metroed to the halfway point to give them supplies, and then metroed to the finish in time to meet them.  It was an unbelievable experience and am so thankful I was able to be a part of their victory!!! p.s.  there was approximately 40,000 runners!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Christy! I am so totally jealous of where you get to live and everything you have gotten to see! I love looking at your pictures!