Thursday, February 14, 2008

Adventures in Stay At Home Mom Land

Ciao! Well, I don't really have any "Italian" adventures to speak of lately, but I do have a huge assortment of funny and not so funny "adventures" from the kids. It has been a loooooooooong week, let me tell ya. A few of the highlights are as follows:



*B and C were caught in their cribs with no diapers on, pee-pee all over, and B made a nice little "deposit" in the corner of the crib that resembled something a dog might do. (sorry for the visual, but my life is not rated G and I think you all must understand my pain)



*A has had a very sensitive week and has painted his toenails when I was still sleeping and got polish all over the rug, which is light in color, my kitchen table, and all over him of course. When asked why he did that, he said he wanted to be like me. Hmm..

On that same day, he also decided to spit milk on the wall. Not sure what caused that outburst. Then later that evening when he was starting to watch a movie, the volume was turned up quite high (compliments of B) and when it blasted on, he insisted that his ears were now broken and went into total screaming melt down. Oh and I forgot, earlier that day-I had kept him out of scuola (school)-we went to a play group and saw my friend and her daughters and then he was obsessed with going to their house and went into a few meltdowns when I told him we could not go. Fun stuff. Today I saw my neighbor and we chatted a minute and I apologized if we were so loud and she said not at all, but she thought maybe my son had a bad day yesterday bec he usually doesn't cry like that. Hmm.... Nice and embarrasing.



*This morning, I was frantically getting ready to go meet my friend Todd that I used to work with in Great Falls when I was in college, as he was coming through on his way back from a deployment, and in the time span it took me to try and change the crib sheets bec both girls had peed out of their diapers (which never happens until of course today when I had to be somewhere), they had found a bottle of teething tablets and poured them out and had started to eat them. Thankfully I think they had just gotten the bottle open when I saw them, but I frantically called my friend, who is a Veterinarian, but also very knowlegeable in the human species, and asked what I needed to do-maybe call poison control? Go to the ER? Induce vomitting? Leave my house and never come back? She assured me all should be ok and she was right. Then we dashed out the door to meet Todd. I must add that all that happened in the time span of like 30 minutes! Thankfully I had taken A to school already.



Those are just a few things that have happened this week. Not very exciting, but none the less, it is a little preview of my life. I plan to go on a day trip this weekend with my friend as I need a break in a big way! J has to study for his next rank test so I can only escape for a day but I will take what I can get! We are all doing well considering the craziness. Or at least I think we are! I really haven' t seen much of J this week but he is off for a few days so that will be nice. B and C are growing and growing and saying more words and getting more teeth. A is such a great helper when he wants to be! Or should I say when he isn't spitting milk on the wall and painting his toe nails.

Oh I do have one little cute Italian thing I just remembered. We have a service that comes to our house that I call "the Schwan's man" and delivers Italian frozen foods and goodies every 2 weeks and he was just here tonight and we got delicious gellato (ice cream) and frozen pizzas which are unlike ours (of course). For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Schwan's man, it is a frozen foods home delivery service in the states. I made a small attempt to speak Italian to him as I took Italian 1 and am currently taking Italian 2 but he told me I could speak English. I think that was a hint.



Well my lovely husband is due home soon so I had better wrap up. Just wanted to say hello to anyone who reads this and catch you up on our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought my days were crazy, but it sounds like your a great mom. Take care

Erica