Monday, February 25, 2008

A lot of nothin

I am sitting here thinking of fun, witty ways to blog about what we have been up to lately but I got nothin, so here I go.....



I recently compared the girls to "demons on crack" after about the ten-millionth time I pulled one off the top of the dining room table and the other from under the table with the answering machine in hand. It probably wasn't the nicest thing to calm them and I truly meant no harm in my words, but let me tell ya, spend 5 minutes with them and you may be saying the same thing.



They are a joy though even though they are very naughty. :) B recently has learned how fun it is to turn in circles and get very dizzy and then fall down. C is a jokester like her brother and father and she likes to give us "crusty" looks and then giggle and walk away but she particularly enjoys doing it at dinner time. They are getting so big and are starting to mimic more words. And they adore their big brother-the second he walks in the door from school they are shrieking and on top of him. He is for the most part very gentle and kind to them but he can get his fill and needs his space.



A is good. He has been a big help to me lately around the house and with the girls. He loves to tackle them (not too hard, he just grabs them) when they about to do something dangerous like climb the couch, run to the street, etc. He is getting so big too. His head comes up to my rib cage and he is only 4! All of a sudden all his pants are too short and shoes too small. I wish he would stop growing for a little bit-he is going to be taller than me when he starts 1st grade! :)



I was able to escape for a night and one day awhile back. I went and spent the night at my friend's house and then we got up and had a leisurely breakfast and then caught a train to Venice. We had bigger plans-like going away for the whole weekend but my hubby had to study for a big test so I was only able to sneak away for a day. Venice was fabulous and fun. It was the 2nd time I was there and I got to see more than the first time since I didn't have the children to worry about. We had a nice lunch and then walked, saw the sights, did a little shopping, then had dinner and made our way to the train station for the ride home. I must add, we had to ride a water taxi to the train station because we got a little off course and found ourselves quite far away. The taxi ride was fun though. It was a new experience for me. I was a bit nervous we may capsize as it was a rough ride at parts but we survived to tell the tale. I am so fortunate to be able to just go to Venice for the day. I can't even comprehend it!



Not much else is going on. I am going to attempt to attach some pictures to this. Hope it works. If not, I will keep trying. Everyone have a great day!

C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really hope that we can go over seas, just anywhere but here. all your stories of Italy sound so exciting, i'm jealous. TTYL Erica